Our Start

    

        

 Oh goodness so this is my family’s new blog. When my husband Jdub turned to me and asked if I wanted to sell everything and travel the country with our two boys. I did not even dream of all that could entail, nor did I care as the excitement built up. I jumped on the idea and so our adventure began. So Jdub and I began researching, and we are still researching. One of the things I love is how close our family has started to become, and we have not even sold the house yet. The boys with their daring sense of exploration took to the idea of traveling the country like fish in water. Jdub and I have done enough research that we ruled out many full times travel methods as we just did not like them due to our family needs. However, we both came to the agreement that we are looking into class A or Skoolie living as our preferred new lifestyle. 

        We have already listed the house for sale here is just  one link of many  you can see it on.https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/28521-Bunno-Rd_Sterling_AK_99672_M93156-31256 It has been a waiting game as we are downsizing the house in preparation. We as a family have taken to enjoying the most out of our home in Alaska, as we know it will be a long time before we return to the state. Our last days as a homesteading family on the Kenai peninsula have been filled with the care of the chickens and ducks that remain before they find new homes. And enjoying the most out of our weekends in all the different trails and beaches available, as summer has arrived. The house sits on a snug 4.6 acres of land in sleepy Sterling. In the past I have enjoyed lounging by the firepit watching the waterfall on the pond as the boys’ played horseshoes in the pit during the summer nights. We will miss our homestead as we continue our journey, but the adventure that  awaits has already begun to  show  us that  our home is  wherever we are.   

        I was already homeschooling so that transition has not been hard for our family. In fact, it became easier as I finally ditched the books for online educational resources. We have  incorporated a few new resources such as OliverDoodle Dandy. Which made Holidays like fourth of July and Memorial Day fun as well as educational. With the goal to instruct the kids about each state as we travel, their bingo games turned geography in to a fun game for my 8-year-old. If you are interested in  teaching geography, and history  in a fun activity way I  would suggest checking their link out here. 

        Since we started this adventure, we have encountered funny and disruptive moments. I think the main thing we are learning is to just roll with the flow, even when that flow is turbulent, and just enjoy each moment. That has drastically shifted our family mind set. I have observed my family come together and laugh where before unpleasant feeling would have taken hold and driven us further apart. The change we are going through is no easy feat, but it is worth every moment. 

 

-Star






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soothing Seaside Sounds to ease the soul